Spring Break High School Travel Programs
MEI International Academy and Carlson Wagonlit
We know students. We know travel. We specialize in student travel. We have been delivering exceptional enrichment based travel programs for students and schools for more than 20 years. From beginning to end, all our programs are developed, coordinated, and delivered by certified teachers, ensuring that every minute of every day is as rich and full as possible, creating a seamless connection between what students study in your classrooms and what they experience in the world around them. By immersing themselves in the cultures and peoples of the world, students integrate the excitement of travelling to far off places with real-world insight into the cultures and places that make up the modern world. With an impeccable record of meaningful education, safety, and adventure, travelling with us is an experience unlike any other.
What Sets us Apart?
An exceptional educational travel program depends on excellent educators, and that is what sets us apart from a corporate travel agency program. Carlson Wagonlit takes care of the travel, MEI guides you through the rest. From start to finish, you will work with fellow certified teachers who have your best interests in mind. To make the process as effortless as possible, you will be guided by a highly experienced program coordinator—who understands both travel and teaching—throughout the planning process and while overseas.
WHY WE’RE YOUR BEST CHOICE
MEI and Carlson Wagonlit have been working together in experiential education for over 20 years. Together we offer you expertise in both teaching and travel to make each day a well-crafted adventure. Whether it is exploring the Colosseum, enjoying a café au lait on the Champs-Élysées, or savoring a swim in Manuel Antonio, our journeys will enhance your educational connection to the REAL World.
There is no better feeling than travelling with a well-trained teacher who has the energy and experience to see your program expectations come to fruition. If an educational experience is your priority, our Spring Break programs will provide mentors who will give you a taste of experiential education.
When you compare our responsiveness and attention to detail, there is no one else in travel education that reaches our gold standard. MEI and Carlson Wagonlit will provide everything from flights and hotels to arranging buses and entrance fees; we know the best restaurants, cafés, and activities to make everything just right so that this will be your first step in a long-term relationship with our team.
START A TRADITION
We will help you establish a tradition that will make you and your department stand out! Your students and their parents will come to know that every spring they can rely on an exciting academic adventure that is guided by a trusted mentor.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for energetic, qualified teachers who are interested in expanding their international educational experience. By participating in a Spring Break excursion, we hope that you will get a taste for future MEI programs. This could be your first step toward a partnership with MEI and the possibility to be a part of academic summer programs, a trimester program and perhaps even a sabbatical with us.
What We Provide
All program fees cover round trip airfare from Toronto Pearson International Airport, overseas transportation, accommodations, excursion and entrance fees to all sites and museums, breakfasts and dinners. We put together a complete package that makes your life easier, and ensures your trip runs smoothly from start to finish. We will look after the following:
Before You Leave
- Administration of student registration, fees, and ticketing
- A dedicated program coordinator (qualified teacher with MEI experience) who will work with you to create your ideal adventure
- Promotional materials including a dedicated website, posters, and take-home brochures for students and parents (see example promotions package below)
- Presentation materials for parent and student information meetings—your program coordinator will even run the meeting with you!
- We will arrange all logistics for hotels, transportation, and site visits
- We will arrange all restaurant bookings, excursions, and additional activities
- Your program coordinator will be with you 24 hours a day to deal with any changes, modifications, or emergencies that may arise
- Your program coordinator will deliver on-site educational content if you wish
What You Provide
You provide the students, your expertise and enthusiasm! Get your students excited about your trip. You provide appropriate supervision and direction for your students and help build the camaraderie and fun of adventure travel.
- Costs are based on a minimum enrolment of 16 students
- For every eight students that register we cover the expenses for one teacher
- If additional students register beyond the 8-1 student to teacher ratio, the lead teacher will be remunerated for the additional responsibility
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP?
Submit your name and email address, and an MEI coordinator will be in touch with you to start planning your Spring Break Program.
EXAMPLE PROMOTIONS PACKAGE
Three-Part Web Package
11×17 Full Colour Program Poster
Six-Page Full Colour Program Brochure